Speed Post News Network

Patna: Bihar government has set a target of construction of 21 lakh toilets during 2016-17 in the state. Each  beneficiary will get a financial assistance of Rs 12,000, said Rural Development department minister Shravan Kumar. The centre will share 60% of the cost while the rest 40% will be given by the state government, he said. The task of construction of toilets has now been assigned to the Rural Development department, he said. Earlier, Public Health Engineering Department (PHED) was doing the job, the minister  said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *