Alok Mishra

Gopalganj: Unidentified criminals slit open the throat of a 22 year old man and mercilessly beat her niece and dumped them near a field at village Hariharpur under Kuchaikot police station in Gopalganj district on January 1, 2017, night. Police later reached there and sent the body to Gopalganj Sadar Hospital and admitted the eight year old injured girl to hospital where her condition is stated to be serious. Police later recovered deceased’s bike near Shanti Chowk, close to the spot where his body was found by the villagers.

Police later identified the youth as Vikash Yadav, son of Rajbali Yadav of Sihorwa village, who was working in a private firm at Rohtak in Haryana. He had come to his native village for operation. Vikash’s family members said that late on January 1 evening, Vikash along with his niece Nipu Kumari had left his house with meal for his father  and mother. They said that it seems while returning, some criminals assaulted him and then slit his throat with a sharp-edged weapon. They said that the girl was also attacked with a sharpedged weapon and suffered serious head injuries. They blamed one of their relatives and four other persons for murdering Vikash.

Police recovered deceased’s two cellphones besides his bike from the spot. Police said that the girl is still in an unconscious. “We will record her statement after she gains consciousness and it would help us in detecting the killers,” said a police officer outside ICU at Gopalganj Sadar Hospital where the girl is fighting for her life. Jadopur police station SHO Rakesh Mohan also reached Sadar Hospital and inquired about the well-being of the girl, who is on oxygen. However, the villagers said that it might be case of accident as a tractor was standing on the spot from where the bike was recovered and they found marks of scratches on the tractor.

Meanwhile family members are searching for a woman, who came inquiring about Vikash about half an hour after the incident. They disclosed that Vikash was a bachelor and the woman always came to meet her.The family members said that the woman has suddenly disappeared after the recovery of the body. The cops are also searching for the woman as she might provide some clue behind the killing.

Police have started looking into the call details of the two cellphones recovered from the spot. Four persons including a woman had rung up Vikash before he was murdered on January 1. The last call was of deceased’s brother Raushan Yadav at around 8 pm and suddenly the call snapped. The police are of the opinion that Vikash might have been murdered at around 9.30 pm. The cops are also perplexed that the deceased was moving on a bike with police written on it. The family members, however, told police that they had purchased the bike recently.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *