Speed Post News Network
Patna:Bihar Human Rights Commission (BHRC) on Friday directed the state government to pay a compensation of Rs 2.5 lakh within two months to Ashiya Begum, wife of Sanovar Ansari, 25, of village Dahrath under Ramgarh police station in Kaimur district, who died due on June 10 night, 2013, at PMCH due to non-administration of life saving drug for Haemophilia `Factor VIII’ . The BHRC, in its order, said it is clear that Sanovar Ansari died due to non- administration of the life saving drug `Factor VIII ‘despite its availability in the hospital stock.
The BHRC has also asked the Director-in-Chief (Disease control), Health Services, Bihar, to inform it about administrative action taken agaist the doctor/para medical staff responsible for inaction, according BHRC member Neelmani.
Manovar Ansari of village Dahrath had complained to the Commission that he admitted his younger brother Sanovar Ansari, who suffering from internal bleeding in head due to Haemophilia to medical emergency ward of PMCH on the night of June 8/9, 2013. His CT Scan was done on June 9, 2013 but no medicine was given to him. The next day, the Doctor prescribed him ” Factor VIII” –10 vials, a life saving drug for Haemophilia, but the same was not given to him nor any doctor visited him with the result he died in the night of June 10/11, 2013, leaving behind his wife and four children.
The BHRC had asked for responses from the Director-in –Chief, Health Services, Bihar and examined Deputy Superintendent, PMCH, and Director –in-Chief, during proceedings. Relevant records obtained from PMCH were sent to the Director-in-Chief for his opinion on the issue.
Dr K P Sinha, Director-in–Chief (disease control), Health Services, Bihar, submitted his report informing that the life saving drug “Factor VIII” was available in the surgical store on June 10/11, 2013. Sanovar Ansari was admitted to the emergency ward of Dr US Singh. The doctor directed for administration of 10 vials of the above life saving drug on June 10, 2013, but the drug was not administered to him. The patient died in the night of June 10, 2013, due to the negligence, according to BHRC member Neelmani.