Kumar Rajiv Nayan

Ara: Two persons were electrocuted to death and three dozen injured when a live 11,000 volt live electric wire fell on them on Tuesday afternoon at village Garhani in Bhojpur district. Twenty buffalos were also electrocuted to death. Angry villagers blocked the Ara-Sasaram main road near Garhani paralysing movement of vehicles to protest the incident. They were shouting slogans against the officials of the South Bihar Power Distribution Company Limited (SBPDCL) and demanded compensation to the next of kin of the deceased and action against the officials of the SBPDCL.

A cattle fair is organized in the first week of every month at Garnhai under Garhani police station. Thousands of people had come either to visit the fair or buy cattleheads. In the afternoon on Tuesday, a 11000 volte live electric wire passing over the fair site, suddenly snapped and fell on the ground in which two persons were electrocuted to death on the spot and three dozen others including five children were injured. The injured were admitted to Primary Health Centre (PHC) at Garhani and also at Ara Sadar Hospital. Twenty buffalos worth about Rs 10 lakh were also electrocuted to death. Incidentally, the employees of the SBPDCL had reportedly repaired the rusted electric wire on Tuesday morning. People said that power is supplied through rusted wire and the officials of the SBPDCL never bother to replace the rusted electric wire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *