Speed Post News Network
Bagaha: Three dalits of village Matiaria Dhangartoli under Lauria blocl in West Champaran district died while condition of five others is serious after consuming spurious liquor. The decaesed were identified as Prabhu Dhangar (50), Lakshman Dhangar (45) and Subash Ddhangar (52) of Matiaria dhangatoli in Gobaraura panchayat under Lauria block. Five persons were admitted to Primary health centre (PHC), Lauria, for treatment. The condition of one of them Manju Dhangar was serious. Those admitted to hospital are complaining of loss of vision.
Sources said that Dhangar families of Dhangartoli had observed sawani puja on Thurday night and taken spurious liquor and pork following which three persons died on Friday and were consigned to flame by their family members in a hurry. Dr Kiranshankar Jha and Dr Surendra Sharma said cause of death was food poisoning. Interestingly, the doctors had reached the place of occurrence after bodies were consigned to flame. Lauria police station SHO Arun Kumar too supported the version of doctors. DM West Champaran Lokesh Kumar Singh sent a team led by excise superintendent,Bettiah, Rakesh Kumar to the village to inquire into the cause of death of three persons.