Alok Mishra

Gopalganj: Five labourers sustained serious burn injuries after they came in contact with a high tension wire while rectifying a fault at village Kheduapur under Bhore police station in Gopalganj district on Thursday evening. All the injured persons were first admitted to local hospital where the attending doctors referred them to Gorakhpur Medical College in neighbouring Uttar Pradesh (UP).

According to eye-witnesses, someone had lodged a complaint witho the local Power office about a fault in the electric wire at village Kheduapur. On getting information, Rambharosa Prasad, Munna Prasad, Jai Prakash, Kamlesh Kumar and one more person reached there for rectifying the fault.

The power feeder of the aforesaid village is located at Majirwan Kala and the officials were asked by the labourers to shut down the power supply. However, the officials shut down the power supply of Kalyanpur instead of Majirwan Kala. As the labourers scaled the electric pole, they came in contact with 11,000 volt wire and sustained serious burn injuries and fell from the pole. The villagers admitted the injured persons to a local hospital.

On getting information, senior electricity officials of the reached the spot and started inquiry into the mishap. The family members of the injured labourers alleged that the mishap took place due to insensitive attitude of the officials.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *