Kumar Rajiv Nayan

Buxar : A schoolboy was electrocuted to death while four others were injured at Nathpur Primary School  under Itadhi block in Buxar District in South Bihar during Republic Day celebrations. The BDO, Itadhi Block, along with police force rushed to the spot after getting information about the incident.

As the news spread, villagers got agitated and blocked Itadhi-Nathpur main road. The deceased was identified as Shubham Kumar, 10, son of Lalan Ram. Police brought the body over to Buxar Sadar Hospital for postmortem and admitted the injured students there.

Students of Itadhi Primary School were fixing iron pole for hoisting the national flag on the campus of the school on January 26, 2022. Meanwhile, the pole touched naked electric wire and current passed through the pole. As a result, four students were injured and one died.