Speed Post News Network
Gaya : Suicide by four members of family at Dhami Tola, Gaya, between  February 13 and February 15, 2017, late night has puzzled the Gaya police. First, sixty year old Gita Devi committed suicide on February 13 allegedly by consuming Sulphas tablets and on February 15 her son Ravi, 30, and daughter-in-law Nisha, committed suicide with their little daughter Vanshika.
These cases of suicide have become a big riddle for Gaya police, who remain clueless. SSP, Gaya, Garima Malik, on February 20 said that police were awaiting post-mortem and Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) reports.
Interestingly, Ravi’s sister, who lives in neighbouring Jharkhand state, had lodged an FIR with Kotwali police station on February 15 holding Ravi and his wife responsible for the suicide by her mother Gita Devi. Ravi’s sister had moved Koiwali police station, Gaya, after she found  a diary of her mother Gita Devi in her almirah in which the latter had said she was committing suicide as her son Ravi tortured her and depriving her of even food.
Sources suspect that Ravi haf committed suicide with his wife Nisha and daughter Vanshika out of shame as his mother’s diary had reached police, who visited his house on February 15 evening. Ravi ran a shop and his mother Gita Devi lived with him. The house was in the name of Ravi’s parents. Ravi’s elder brother Rajesh lives in an adjoining house after getting his share in family property 15 years back when his father was alive. Rajesh also runs a shop.
On the other hand, Ravi’s father-in-law too has lodged an FIR with Kotwali police holding Ravi’s sister, brother-in-law, brother Rajesh and sister in-law responsible for the death of Ravi, Nisha and their daughter. Obviously, police are investigating their death from both suicide and murder angles. Bodies of Nisha and her daughter were found in Puja room while Ravi’s body was found in kitchen. Police also seized milk, poison and and suicide note written on the wall of a room from the house.
Rajesh had informed police when he saw smoke billowing out from Ravi’s house on February 15 night. Rajesh claimed that there was no property dispute as he had got his share long back. FSL team had reportedly five-six footmarks in the house though only persons: Ravi, Nisha and their daughter were at the house.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *