Alok Mishra

Patna: A 12 year old boy Ramjan Ali died while three of his family members fell ill after they consumed fish at village Koilawa under Haspura police station in Aurangabad district. Those who were taken ill and are undergoing treatment at Aurangabad Sadar Hospital have been identified as Ishfaq Ali, Ishaq Ali and Akhtari Khatoon.

Villagers said that one Gulam Rasool had caught some fishes from a local drain in the village and it was prepared at his house late on October 18 evening. As his family members ate the prepared fishes, four family members complained of stomach pain and vomiting tendency. They were given treatment at the village where Ramjan Ali died during treatment. The remaining three were admitted to Daudnagar Hospital where the condition of three deteriorated further.

On getting information, incharge, Referral Hospital, Haspura, Dr Mina Roy constituted a medical team led by Dr Lalan Sharma, who later sent the three persons to Aurangabad Sadar Hospital in an ambulance. Dr. Roy on Thursday said that their conditions deteriorated due to food poisoning. She said that had the family members arrived at the hospital in time, they could have been saved.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *