Arun Lata Sharma

Sitamarhi: Suffocation caused by Carbon Dioxide and Carbon Monoxide allegedly claimed the life of a school boy Ratish Kumar, 13, at the government Middle School at village Bhasar-Machhaha under Dumra block in Sitamarhi district on January 31 night.

The school boys had collected on the school premises on January 31 in view of  Sarswati Puja on February 1. They  worked till late evening at the Pandal. On getting tired, they slept in the generator room of the school with generator on in the night. Altogether eleven students had slept in the room. On February 1 morning, eight were found in semi- unconscious condition. They were admitted to Sitamarhi Sadar hospital where the doctors pronounced Ratish brought dead. Three other students were referred to SKMCH, Muzaffarpur. The other three boys are recovering at other private hospitals of Sitamarhi town. Police are probing as to what actually prompted them to bingsleep in the
generator room.

One thought on “Boy dies due to suffocation in school generator room”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *